Sunday, January 27, 2013

Let's have a conversation (heart)!

This year, a friend challenged me to keep track of all of the cookies I make, so let's start with these valentine's day cuties! They're small, they're cute, and probably just as sweet as their candy counterparts.

They are also easy to make! Start with a small heart shaped cookie cutter (mine is almost 2 inches), and cut out a bunch and bake 'em! When they've cooled completely, tint your icing into a variety of pale colors. I used Americolor electric orange, violet, deep pink, leaf green, lemon yellow, and white. Fill your piping bags, and thin remaining icing to a thick syrup consistency for flooding.

Outline your cookies.

Flood.

Let them dry for about an hour, then go back and add the words! You can also do this using a food color pen, but I couldn't find mine, so I piped them. I think next time I'll look harder for the pen :-)


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment